RetiredPlayers.Org

Retired Players Class Action Trial to Begin Next Week

Posted October 15th, 2008 by RetiredPlayers

The NFLPA and Players Inc. have used their exclusive representation of NFL players to generate hundreds of millions of dollars through group licensing deals.  However, retired players have not received any of this money and active players have only received 31%.  The NFLPA and Players Inc., which have both been run by the same group of executives, have kept the remaining 69%.  Through this lawsuit retired players are seeking their fair share of group licensing revenue.

The trial is set to begin on October 20, 2008, in San Francisco.  Each weekday the trial is set to begin at 7:30 a.m. and is scheduled to run roughly five hours each day.  The location of the court is:

United States District Court,

Northern District of California

450 Golden Gate Avenue

San Francisco, California

The trial will be held in Courtroom 9 on the 19th floor.  The court is located less than 15 miles from San Francisco International Airport.  You are encouraged to show your support of the retired players by attending the trial.

A map of the location of the courthouse may be viewed by clicking HERE.

One Response to “Retired Players Class Action Trial to Begin Next Week”


  1. […] http://retiredplayers.org/2008/10/15/retired-players-class-action-trial-to-begin-next-week/ […]

Join the Discussion! Leave a Reply:

Name

Mail (never published)

Website